Old World ORPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planned features

4 posters

Go down

Planned features Empty Planned features

Post by Kart Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:36 am

Every time i think of something good on a whim or while fantisizing, I write it down so i don't forget it.
I have a txt file of features that are likely to be put in once the source is released for intersect.
Posting them here. Updating as frequently as possible.

Planned stuff:

Please provide criticism and feedback on what you think if you have any complaint or other criticism.
Kart
Kart
Admin

https://oldworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Planned features Empty Re: Planned features

Post by Fyrember Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:19 am

Alright, ill go in order:

Hunger/Thirst/Energy system: Generally feels fine but the 1 minute unconciousness feels kinda annoying, and where would you sleep for real, in a bed in your house?

"Alter Ego" : That one sounds cool, maybe the ability to switch between different ones depending on the situation?

"Last Words": The benefit/drawback system is always a good one to play with, as it gives the game some high risk/ high reward ways of playing that are always the ones that set the skill cap higher.

Rain: Maybe you could add some classes that have even more issues with rain like some kind of fire elementals (that are boosted by sun instead) and others that get their stats boosted like some kind of water elemental?

Wildy: The wilderness system of runescape was cool, I remember feeling really excited every time I was there, in inmediate danger and in the middle of a warzone, however at least in the F2P zone there wasnt really anything interesting that would inspire you to go deeper, other than demons and stuff, I think thats pretty important for the gameplay

Day/Night cycle: I think that anything that adds to the complexity of the game in favour of the gameplay is a good idea, same opinion on the spells and maybe equipment that is stronger during the night.

Bombs: Im not sure about this one, I mean, youd always have to go around unexplored zones with bombs on you, ocupying one slot maybe for no reason, it depends.

Personality traits: Maybe make it easier to steal from NPCs if youre charming, or if you get attacked some NPCs will come to your aid and help you

Fyrember

Back to top Go down

Post by Kart Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:45 pm

Fyrember wrote:Alright, ill go in order:

Hunger/Thirst/Energy system: Generally feels fine but the 1 minute unconciousness feels kinda annoying, and where would you sleep for real, in a bed in your house?

"Alter Ego" : That one sounds cool, maybe the ability to switch between different ones depending on the situation?

"Last Words": The benefit/drawback system is always a good one to play with, as it gives the game some high risk/ high reward ways of playing that are always the ones that set the skill cap higher.

Rain: Maybe you could add some classes that have even more issues with rain like some kind of fire elementals (that are boosted by sun instead) and others that get their stats boosted like some kind of water elemental?

Wildy: The wilderness system of runescape was cool, I remember feeling really excited every time I was there, in inmediate danger and in the middle of a warzone, however at least in the F2P zone there wasnt really anything interesting that would inspire you to go deeper, other than demons and stuff, I think thats pretty important for the gameplay

Day/Night cycle: I think that anything that adds to the complexity of the game in favour of the gameplay is a good idea, same opinion on the spells and maybe equipment that is stronger during the night.

Bombs: Im not sure about this one, I mean, youd always have to go around unexplored zones with bombs on you, ocupying one slot maybe for no reason, it depends.

Personality traits: Maybe make it easier to steal from NPCs if youre charming, or if you get attacked some NPCs will come to your aid and help you

Considering the fact that draining your hunger/sleep/thirst meters will take about 10 hours from 100%, getting knocked unconscious in my opinion wouldn't be that big of a deal in most cases, unless you've been ignoring your meters hardcore which is nearly impossible since you'll get warnings when you're low. You would sleep in a tavern for a cheap price or your own house. Thanks for your criticism though and i'd like to hear more about what you think of the hunger/sleep/thirst system if you have any ideas.

As for the rain thing, classes won't exist in the game, just like in the old version of Old World, but i could make it so things like fire spells would get weaker.

Bombs could be solved by simply adding it so they don't take up your inventory.

As for your critique on personality traits, I don't want to add something that benefits you too much since it's random. If it were to benefit you in certain ways, i'd give the player some freedom of choice on what traits to have, which i'll probably end up doing anyways.

As for Alter Ego, I wasn't planning on letting you switch into different forms, as your alter ego will only be one form. I mean, it's called "Alter Ego", not "Multiple personality disorder".
You can change your alter egos effects, but not looks by rerolling into a different stat build.
Kart
Kart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyrember Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:02 am

Kart wrote:
Fyrember wrote:Alright, ill go in order:

Considering the fact that draining your hunger/sleep/thirst meters will take about 10 hours from 100%, getting knocked unconscious in my opinion wouldn't be that big of a deal in most cases, unless you've been ignoring your meters hardcore which is nearly impossible since you'll get warnings when you're low. You would sleep in a tavern for a cheap price or your own house. Thanks for your criticism though and i'd like to hear more about what you think of the hunger/sleep/thirst system if you have any ideas.

As for the rain thing, classes won't exist in the game, just like in the old version of Old World, but i could make it so things like fire spells would get weaker.

Bombs could be solved by simply adding it so they don't take up your inventory.

As for your critique on personality traits, I don't want to add something that benefits you too much since it's random. If it were to benefit you in certain ways, i'd give the player some freedom of choice on what traits to have, which i'll probably end up doing anyways.

As for Alter Ego, I wasn't planning on letting you switch into different forms, as your alter ego will only be one form. I mean, it's called "Alter Ego", not "Multiple personality disorder".
You can change your alter egos effects, but not looks by rerolling into a different stat build.

Yeah, thats true I guess, unless youre botting you wouldnt be playing 10 hours straight so I guess its fine.

Classes would be fun, but its your game in the end, its fine if you dont want to add them, fire spells getting weaker and water spells getting stronger would be a nice feature.

Youre right, randomness isnt generally something you want to apply, however I meant it so if you have to start a quest with an NPC that only responds correctly to X personality, you could have someone else start your quest for you or something? Im kinda rambling at this point tho.

I mean, maybe in the Alter ego make it so you can choose 3 of them and can only switch when out of combat so you cant have different ones in the same raid/fight, but can still have some kind of variance in choosing which one is better for each scenario?

Fyrember

Back to top Go down

Post by Solaire Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:45 pm

This is probably a very stupid question, so sorry in advance, but will we be keeping our old levels or will we all have to start over from scratch?
Solaire
Solaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kart Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:22 pm

Solaire wrote:This is probably a very stupid question, so sorry in advance, but will we be keeping our old levels or will we all have to start over from scratch?

It's a new engine altogether and server, so you'll have to start over from scratch. I'm sorry.
The game will be big improvement from the last version though in terms of both stability, combat, music, features and graphics.
Kart
Kart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Femenazi Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:32 am

Kart wrote:
It's a new engine altogether and server, so you'll have to start over from scratch. I'm sorry.
The game will be big improvement from the last version though in terms of both stability, combat, music, features and graphics.

What kind of time estimate would you put on a beta release?

Femenazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kart Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:55 pm

"Beta" maybe in september ish or a bit earlier than that.
Test builds will be released to stream viewers once in a while to test out new features and areas.
Kart
Kart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum