Old World ORPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character sprite style

2 posters

Go down

Character sprite style Empty Character sprite style

Post by Kart Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:46 pm

Spritework is a lot of work and takes up a lot of time.
I'm really bad at human anatomy and especially that when it comes to pixelart.
I have to make:

• Spells
    Spell Icons
    Item Icons
    Equipped item sprites
    Character sprites
    Interface Graphics
    Map Tile Graphics
    Spell animations
    Other animations

This is why i've come up with an idea regarding the character sprites.
Instead of making a naked character that you can dress up with equipment, I could make it so that there's a wider selection of character sprites.
Players could upload their own sprites(32x32) for in-game gold(not paid gold) to also keep inflation in check.

The rules would be

• 32x32 character per frame
    use 2x2 pixels per dot
    no obscene or offensive material

This way, people could have cool characters to show off while i don't have to do that much work on player sprites, and i could pump items into the game way faster by simply making the icons for them.

But how would i know what my PVP opponent is wearing?

I will be making it so that depending on your stat-boosting gear that you're wearing, an icon will appear above players' heads that shows if they're either a mage, a ranger or a warrior, a hybrid of any of those two or a hybrid between all of them.

So, what do you guys think? Do you want this? Do you think the concept can be improved? Share your thoughts below.
Kart
Kart
Admin

https://oldworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Character sprite style Empty Re: Character sprite style

Post by Fyrember Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:39 am

I think the customizable part would be cool but showing off the stuff youve got is a huge part of MMORPGs imho. I always hated that Tibia didnt show what you had when I played it for example. However if you really feel it would look better and it saves you the time, I think its alright.

Fyrember

Back to top Go down