Old World ORPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Style?

2 posters

Go down

Game Style? Empty Game Style?

Post by Kart Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:30 pm

So I've thought about two different kind of gameplay styles for Old World

Number one:

Linear story that plays like a single player JRPG, but at the same time existing in a multiplayer world.
The story is something similar to you being a mass produced tool for war, but you break free from your life as a tool and set out on a quest to save the world from an unknown danger.

Number two:

Exploration based survival sandboxy world where lore and story is optional
you start in a forest and you have to kill monsters, smith tools, cook etc
You can explore the maps for hidden shrines that give ambition points that you can spend to get abilities
You explore to find spells and items kind of like zelda.
Lore is optional and you can examine objects and stuff to find out about the world and its ancient story

What do you guys think?
Kart
Kart
Admin

https://oldworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Game Style? Empty Re: Game Style?

Post by Femenazi Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:46 pm

I'd much rather option two. Linear game play can be nice, but it is also limited. I think option two would be more fun, and easier to build on in the future.

Femenazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kart Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:11 am

Femenazi wrote:I'd much rather option two. Linear game play can be nice, but it is also limited. I think option two would be more fun, and easier to build on in the future.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards that kind of gameplay. It'd be more dynamic and more fun for players
Besides, i'm not the best storyteller. This way though, I could pull a runescape and hide lore here and there for people who like to examine objects or talk to NPCs instead of shoving it up your face with a linear questline.
Kart
Kart
Admin

https://oldworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down